Thursday, August 2, 2007

blob diary/day one

two unprecedented events of collosal proportions took place today!

i am on a diet (applause)... thank you (unprecedented event number one, this).
so today, which is day one, is eating-only-fruits-day... and i hate fruits from the depths of my paunch! now for the unprecedented event number two... i got up at 7 in the morning and went to buy... fruit!

now, if you know me, you would know about my strained relationship with fruit.
i would eat one, if it is forced down my throat. sigh.

me and r piled into a rick and went to the fruit market. i stood their looking terribly lost...see... fruit and i... we dont have it going.
r did all the expert poking around at the fruit and choosing the right ones. i came back home with a huge bag piled with the damn thing! on my way back i got whiffs of hot, spicy anda bhurji, fluffy poha and greasy bhajiyas being made in the roadside stalls... i looked steadily at the bag of fruit and summoned all my powers of discipline and strength.

so breakfast was fruit...lunch will be fruit...dinner will be... (brilliant!) fruit.
hey? didnt phantom do this? remember amar chitra katha's illustrations? phantom and diana and a couple of pygmies all sitting around eating fruit and the line at the bottom: the ghost who walks, a vegetarian, eats only fruit.
(if i say fruit one more time, i am going to gag)

so, now r is being really nice and is sending me delectable pictures of food by mail every quarter of an hour. if i could just kill the woman! she says it will build my will power and will be a true test of my moral fibre.
yipes! did i just smell '.....'? somebody in office is eating an orange... gurgle.

7 comments:

Shami said...

Ha! Its futile. Resisting temptation never builds willpower. Excess does! And gravity doesnt exist.

I must get back to my corn and mushroom quiche now.

Awanish said...

oye tussi mind change mat kerna...i am wid u...good going...

Unknown said...

ah !!!! how about some vaazhapalams those soft squishy ones...with mush ooozing out and the skin black in parts ????????????

Rifles and Cheese said...

Next time you need motivation:

www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~agents2001/gifs/pierre.jpg

Kavita Arvind said...

shami: i hope the quiche gives you looseys! grr...

awi: yeah dude! my inspiration!!

kannan: bro!! yukkkk! how can you?? i feel sick now!!

Kavita Arvind said...

rohan: et tu brutus? sigh...

P Aravindan said...

But if there is one person happy about it... its me. love