Wednesday, September 5, 2007

salut!

my last day at work here!
i can’t say i feel euphoric or that i feel upset. i feel completely detached and neutral.
in retrospect, this is exactly how i have felt about this job over what spans to almost a year. and this is really a first for me. i cannot remember ever being so detached with any work that i have done so far. i had to fill up a feedback form and there were two questions that got me stumped.
1. what is your most cherished moment here?
2. what is your least cherished moment here?

to my surprise, i found that i had no answers to these questions. i had nothing to cherish or not cherish. that is so abysmally dismal.
what has this place/job really done for me?
for starters, i met the most wonderful man here (who now occupies the position of ‘the husband’).
i learnt what it was that i certainly did not want to do.

i guess that’s not all that bad then.
but one thing is for sure; never again will i do something that does not give me the meaning that i seek.
never again a job that merely pays the bills and the rent.
no more tiny cubicles that fetter my spirit.
i am going to stick my neck out… and see what i see.

3 comments:

a_for_arguement said...

Bhabhi Jiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

muah muah muah!

Shami said...

There! The moniker shall be duly used at times of dire need. Heh

Julian said...

hey, nice one! But one thing...i didn't know you met "the husband" at BV? I thought you knew him from b4.